KB Ambulance Corps, Inc
KB Ambulance Current Job Postings:
The KB Ambulance Corps is seeking applications from persons qualified and interested in being considered for the position of Administrator.
The KB Ambulance Corps, Inc. is a private nonprofit organization that is primarily located in the Town of Killingly, Connecticut, with a substation in Pomfret, Connecticut. The Department consists of 55 employees, staffing 5 Ambulances, 3 Paramedic fly cars and 1 service/first responder unit. In 2020, the Corps responded to approximately 5,000 emergency calls.
The primary purpose of the KB Ambulance Corps is to provide BLS and ALS emergency medical treatment and transportation to medical facilities of the sick and injured residents and visitors of the Towns of Killingly, Pomfret, Hampton and Eastford, Connecticut. In addition, KB provides medical treatment and transportation to medical facilities for outlying communities when called upon, and promotes the expansion of life saving skills and instruction within the community.
The Administrator oversees all aspects of KB Ambulance and reports directly to the Board of Directors. Administrator duties include, but are not limited to: manage the day to day operations of the ambulance corps, ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations, ensure all property is maintained and ready for service, oversee all staff (paid and volunteer), manage all financial operations including prepare financial statements of all financial records, prepare budgets, and represent the ambulance corps at hearings and other activities necessary for the operation of the ambulance service.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a high school diploma, along with at least ten (10) years of EMS experience
- Five years (5) of experience in a 911 EMS transport service, two (2) years of which were in a managerial capacity
- Current Certification as Emergency Medical Technician or higher
- Proficiency in operating personal computer and various software programs (i.e. Outlook, Windows, Microsoft Office)
- The position requires to perform activities that may include sitting, standing, twisting, pulling, bending, assisting in lifting, treatment and transportation of patients, and lifting and simultaneously carrying two items of weight up to 25 lbs. and 65 lbs.
- Valid U.S. State Driver’s License
- Five (5) years of experience in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management (Preferred) or in a Health Care related field
- Graduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Health Care Administration
- CT, RI or MA State Certified Paramedic and Credentialing including PHTLS, ACLS, PALS, and AHA BLS provider
Final applicants will be required to provide copies of licenses, certifications or credentialing.
The Administrator position is salaried commensurate with qualifications and includes a comprehensive benefit package.
Any person interested in consideration for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email by February 19, 2021 to: KB Ambulance Interview Committee email@example.com
K-B Ambulance maintains a large volunteer component that protects our community at night and when second, third or fourth ambulances are needed. We are always accepting applications for volunteer membership at the EMR or EMT level. If interested, please submit an application with copies of all certifications.
We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of any non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
KB Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer.
To obtain and submit an application for membership, you may download our application from the link below or contact our administrator.
Please Download, Fill and Email to KB Ambulance Corps, Inc. Board of Directors at: